Summer officially comes to an end on September 22.
Whether you’ll be mourning the end of lazy Summer days or relishing the cooler Fall temperatures ahead, this change of seasons is a great time to ensure trouble-free Fall driving by changing your vehicle’s oil and taking care of other basic maintenance.
At Oil Can Henry’s, it’s our mission to help you maintain your vehicle and ensure it’s operating safely and efficiently. With this in mind, we’re pleased to offer these fall vehicle maintenance tips:
• Check the fluids, including motor oil, coolant/antifreeze, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid. These fluids break down and wear out over time, so it’s a good idea to check them regularly and replace them before there’s a problem. Your vehicle’s owner’s manual includes recommended service intervals. Also, don’t forget to check your windshield washer fluid.
• Check the tires and rotate them if you haven’t done that recently. Front and rear tires wear differently; rotating them helps extend tire life and ensure safe driving. Most owner’s manuals include tire rotation recommendations.
• Check the battery to ensure there’s sufficient life remaining and clean off corrosion that can reduce battery life.* (It’s never fun to be stranded by a dead battery, but it’s particularly troublesome in the rain or snow.)
• Check windshield wiper blades and replace them if they’re worn or hard.
• Check lights and turn signals to ensure all are operating correctly. As our days get shorter, it’s critical that other drivers can easily see you. Hazy or yellowed headlights can reduce the visibility of your vehicle to other drivers and make it harder for you to see obstacles in the road.
While this may seem lot of work, you can complete most of it with a quick visit to your local Oil Can Henry’s. Our trained technicians perform a thorough check of your vehicle as part of our Famous 20-Point Full-Service Oil Change. They check your brake fluid; check and fill coolant/antifreeze, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, battery, and windshield wiper fluid; and, check lights and turn signals. They’ll also inform you of the service recommendations provided by your vehicle’s manufacturer so you can make educated decisions about service for your vehicle.
Our service now includes a free battery test. We’ll provide you with a report detailing your battery’s condition. If you need a new battery, we sell and install quality Interstate Batteries.
Corrosion can reduce battery life and prevent your vehicle from starting. So, if your battery is corroded, you may want to consider our new Battery Terminal Cleaning service. Our service helps your battery perform properly by removing acid and corrosion from the battery posts and terminals. We also install felt pads on the posts and apply chemical inhibitor to slow the build-up of future deposits.
If you’ve noticed that it’s harder to see the road at night, your vehicle’s headlights may be the culprit. Plastic headlight lenses become faded, yellowed and hazy over time, resulting in diminished headlight output and reduced visibility during night time driving. Our Headlight Restoration service greatly increases headlight output and visibility and improves vehicle appearance. Best of all, our service takes less than 20 minutes and costs a lot less than replacing the complete headlight housing.
The battery test and Battery Replacement, Battery Terminal Cleaning and Headlight Restoration services are available at most Oil Can Henry’s centers.
To learn more about our thorough Famous 20-Point Full-Service Oil Change, check out this brief, informative video.
To lean more about the wide variety of preventive maintenance services we provide, visit our website.
* Note: The free battery test is available at most Oil Can Henry’s service centers.